posted 03/23/12 12:09 PM | updated 03/23/12 02:42 PM
Featured Post! | Views: 0 | Comments : 10 | Community

Trader Joe's in Lake City? Send a Request!

By bc

Rumor has it that Trader Joe's is looking for a new location in North Seattle.  Why not the location of the old Italian Spaghetti House?  It's relatively vacant around there, would have ample parking, and could serve all the rapidly multiplying north east families that are crowding the schools around here.  Plus, it would do a lot to help turn our little LCW (Lake City Way) around.

Send them a quick request by clicking on this link:  http://www.traderjoes.com/about/location-requests-form.asp

And the address for Italian Spaghetti House on Lake City Way is:

9824 Lake City Way NE

(between 98th St & 100th St)

Seattle, WA 98115

Tags: Trader, Joes, Lake, City, Way, business
Done!
What a breath of fresh air Trader Joe's would bring to the area!
Comment by John
3 months ago
( +1 votes )
Done
Sent in my request. That'd be a great location!
Comment by Betty
3 months ago
( +1 votes )
Trader Joes
North seattle needs a Trader Joes. Driving to the U District is a hassle.
Comment by Dan
3 months ago
( +2 votes )
Well...
I really would love a TJ's closer to the town center so I can shop there more often. It seems that the location you mentioned is already being renovated into a business.
Comment by j
3 months ago
( 0 votes )
Sent in my suggestion!
I hope they open one in northeast Seattle. The U District one is so busy and cramped and the parking is difficult.
Comment by Rhonwyn
3 months ago
( +1 votes )
Trader Joe's
This is a great idea ... and the location is just sitting there waiting. I'd shop there for sure ... and often.
Comment by Tracy Salter
3 months ago
( +1 votes )
Done!
I've sent a request before, but if many of us do now at the same time, it may prove to them we've got enough people here to shop there. I would go to TJs so much more often if I didn't have to go to the U Dist to shop there!
Comment by Lakegrrl
3 months ago
( +1 votes )
Pierre properties
Perhaps a Trader Joes could be an anchor tenant for one of the to-be-re-developed Pierre properties along Lake City Way. They would catch all the people traveling to/from Kenmore, Bothell, North Seattle. It would be perfect. I think opening of Elliott Bay Brewing Co. has proven that there are plenty of people in this neighborhood willing to spend money when presented with a business worth spending money at.
Comment by backyardigan
3 months ago
( +2 votes )
TJ's would be great, but should be in the LCW retail core.
A TJ's would be great, but we should be encouraging destination businesses to move to the retail core, near the new EBBC where the busses run, more people can walk to, etc. The spaghetti factory needs to be put to good use, for sure, there's just not a lot else there to make sense for an urban market, and requires nearly 100% drive-up business. We're sick of the parking lots on LCW already, let's not encourage them.
Comment by Lance
3 months ago
( 0 votes )
It is all relative.
The Spaghetti house is within walking distance for me. Downtown Lake City is not. Where ever it goes, they need to have good parking. The one in the U Distict has hellish parking.
Comment by Rhonwyn